- To carry out funded research project.
- To disseminate new knowledge among the Students, Teachers, Professionals, NGOs etc, through Seminar, Workshop and Conference.
- To publish research findings in reputed journals.
- To guide students for research degree leading Ph.D.
- To motivate faculty to undertake research activities in each department.
- To motivate faculty to file patent applications
ACHIEVEMENTS OF RESEARCH CENTRE
- Received research grant of Rupees 12 lakhs, from Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India to work on Environmental Radioactivity Profile of Pitchavaram Mangroves.
- Organised National Conference on Water and Waste water Management in August 2006; funded by AICTE, MOEF, DAE, and TNSCST.
- Organized National Conference on Climate Change in India in August-2008, funded by MOEF, DAE and TNSCST.
- Renewable Energy Club organized with the funding from Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- Conducted workshop on Promotion of Research and Faculty Development for Teachers of Engineering College in February 2008, in collaboration with Anna University – Trichy.
- Publication of Research Paper.
- Ph.D. Programme.